Home Care Services
We can help patients chronically ill or disabled to achieve their health goals in familiar surroundings. HealthMax Home Care Services, Inc. provides the following services.
- Skilled Nursing
- Skilled Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Worker
Non Skilled Service
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
Services Provide to our patients and families
Skilled Nursing Services: These are nursing services ordered by a physician for a homebound patient whose illness, injury, physical, or mental condition creates a need for the service. Services under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) are provided in the recipient’s residence by an RN or LPN; and provided under a plan of care or service plan that specifies a level of care which the nurse is qualified to provide. Our nursing staff is trained to treat highly technological and medically fragile patients. Some of our services may include:
- Chronic Diseases Management and Education
- Medication Management
- Post-operative Care
- Injectable Treatment
- High Teach, IV Infusion Therapy
- Wound Care
- Catheter Care
- Ostomy Management etc.
Skilled Therapy Services: The service of a physical, speech-language pathologist or occupational therapist is a skilled therapy service. The inherent complexity of the service is such that it can be performed safely and/or effectively only by or under the general supervision of a skilled therapist. To be covered, the skilled services must be ordered by a physician and it would have to be reasonable and necessary to the treatment for homebound patient's illness or injury or to the restoration of maintenance of function affected by the patient's illness or injury. Our therapists evaluate each patient’s physical impairments and functional limitations to establish a plan of care in coordination with the patient’s physician in order to achieve optimal rehabilitation outcomes. It is necessary to determine whether individual therapy services are skilled and whether, in view of the patient's overall condition, skilled management of the services provided is needed although many or all of the specific services needed to treat the illness or injury do not require the skills of a therapist.
- Physical Therapy Services: Restores and maintains maximum musculoskeletal functions. Whether it is a hip fracture, a sprain, or an unsteady gait, our therapists specialize in helping patients restore their confidence and their ability to ambulate by themselves throughout their living environment.
- Occupational Therapy Services: Strives to improve the level of independence in activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy Services: Assists in improving swallowing disorders and the communicative activities of daily living.
Home Health Aide Services: Provides personal care to our patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Therapist. HHAs perform household and health related services that are essential to the patient’s well-being and necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization. These services are utilized on a as needed basis or a fixed schedule per day. All HHAs provide the following services under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse: bathing and grooming, dressing, activities of daily living, transfers, walking, medication remain, meal preparation and light housekeeping.
Medical Social Worker Services: Facilitate long term planning to promote independence and provide opportunities to take advantage of a variety of community resources designed to assist the elderly with their personal concerns and help alleviate their troubles.
Long Term Care Service (L.T.C)
Personal Care Assistance Services (PCA): Is a type of home care service that is designed for people who need help with day-to-day activities. PCA Services help people be more independent in their own homes and in the community. PCA Services are available to the elderly and individuals of all ages with special health care needs. PCA help our patient in:
- Activities of Daily Living including eating, bathing and toiling (bladder and bowel requirements, bed pan routines, movement to and from the bathroom); mobility transferring from a bed, chair or other structure and moving about indoors and outdoors; moving, turning and positioning the body while in bed or in a wheelchair.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living including meal planning and preparation, including prescribed special diets; dressing and changing clothes and, remain medications or other remedies that are ordinarily self-administered, when ordered for the participant by a physician. To administer medication, attendants must be a Certified Nursing Assistant, also shop for essential items, perform essential household chores, communicate by telephone and other media and getting around and participating in the community.
- Health Related Functions such as range of motion exercises, seizure intervention, or ventilator suctioning;
- Redirection and Intervention for Behavior including observation and monitoring.
Homemaker Services: General household activities provided by a trained CNA or H.H.Aides, when a person is unable to manage the home or when the person regularly responsible for these activities is temporarily absent or unable to manage the home.
Respite Care Services: Is a short-term service when you cannot care for yourself, and your primary live-in caregiver needs relief. Otherwise, you are required to be permanently placed in a facility outside the home. It includes personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry.
Companion Services: This is a non-medical social support services for people with disabilities or older adults who need supervision, care or assistance. Companionship reduces the risk of your loved one experiencing isolation and depression, among others.
Chore Services: Chore services may be sought by persons who are physically unable to perform tasks such as full house cleaning, minor repairs, yard work, laundry and trash removal which help a person stay at home and remain as independent as possible.